Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ice Cream Party!



So this past week the boys and I decided to have an ice cream party at our house.  We invited a few friends over and had a fabulous time!  When I asked the boys who they wanted to invite the first person they said was Thompson!  Thompson is one of the teachers at their school who is also working at the school's summer program.  When I caught up to Thompson at their school he told me that the boys had already invited him to the party!  I confirmed that yes there was a party and yes he was invited.  They (along with their friends from school who came to the party) were so excited when he showed up!!

I missed getting many ice cream eating photos since most of the kids were done with their cones by the time I finished serving everyone.  And while Mom and Dad were occupied with serving everyone, Cole took it upon himself to finish off the entire bowl of sprinkles left on the table.
So may I present...Sprinkle Boy.  Who looks like he needs to shave his 5 o'clock shadow!


The boys and I had fun decorating for the party!  


You have to have a few streamers and balloons at an ice cream party right!?


It was a nice day so the kids played in the kiddy pool and play structures.

We also did the famous shaving cream painting project.  Notice how clean all of these children are...and they had been painting for a while when I took this picture.

Then once the painting was almost done my boys decided to join in...notice Dylan on the top of the slide and Cole at the bottom.  They had been painting for maybe 30 seconds and were already COVERED!  What is it with those boys and messes!!

This weekend we headed up to Portland to take Dad to OMSI.  We had to show him the very cool crane!

Dylan was very serious at the controls of the large crane!

Like father like sons.  Something MUST be very interesting on the ceiling!

After OMSI we headed over to the Pearl District for a little alfresco dining at a great Italian restaurant where everyone spoke Italian and the Grandfather of the bunch kept singing to everyone eating out on the sidewalk and whistling to all the pretty ladies walking by.  Takes me back to our Italy days!


After dinner we played at this great fountain and had ice cream before heading home.  Wonderful family outing!


No comments: